Juicing has helped me to take in a much wider variety of raw vegetables than I would normally.
It has several benefits:
- It floods your body with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
- The vegetables and fruit are alkalising
- Nutrients are not destroyed by cooking
- Nutrients are easier to absorb because the vegetables are, in effect, pre-digested
- You are not restricted to only those vegetables that you enjoy
- You can rotate your vegetables for maximum benefit
- It makes it easier to take green leafy vegetables which tend to have a bitter taste. Add apple to make them more palatable
Since you are removing all the fibres, you do need to add fibre through salads, whole grains and whole fruit. The drink is best taken first thing in the morning. It should be taken as soon as it is made when the quantity of nutrients is at its highest.
You will need to purchase masticating or centrifuging equipment to make your drinks.
Here are some suggestions. Use these to create your own combinations.
- 2 peeled oranges, 1 cup strawberries and 1 cup blueberries. In fact you can use any type of berry
- 2 courgettes, 1-2 apples and six carrots
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, a handful of blueberries, 1 peeled orange and 3 carrots.
- 4 sticks celery, ½ cucumber, 1 beetroot (peeled), ½ lemon (peeled)
- 4 sticks celery, ½ cucumber, several leaves of a green leafy vegetable (lettuce or spinach), ½ lemon peeled
- 1 apple, ¼ peeled pineapple, 2-3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 6 sticks celery, 3 medium tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, 2 basil leaves, ½ lemon (peeled)
Back to Alkaline Diet from Juicing
Back to Home Page